S'mores Cake Hack
2 x store bought chocolate mud cakes
1 tbs vanilla paste or extract
200g digestive biscuits, roughly crushed
150g store bought caramel
5 egg whites - 180ml (¾ cup)
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
Pinch sea salt
1. Whip the cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
2. Fold in the crushed biscuits.
3. Slice both cakes in half.
4. Place the bottom half of one cake onto a serving plate.
5. Scoop one-third of the cream and crushed biscuit mixture on to the cake half and spread.
6. Add 2-3 tbs of caramel and slightly swirl into the cream.
7. Add the next layer of cake on top.
8. Add one-third of the cream and crushed biscuit mixture.
9. Add 2-3 tbs of caramel and slightly swirl into the cream.
10. Add the next layer of cake on top.
11. Add one-third of the cream and crushed biscuit mixture.
12. Add 2-3 tbs of caramel and slightly swirl into the cream.
13. Add the final layer of cake on top.
14. Smooth the cream around the outside edge of the cake with a spatula or cake knife.
15. Place the cake in the fridge to set while we make the meringue.
1. In a heatproof bowl or stand mixer bowl, add the egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
2. Place over a pot of simmering water and stir for 9 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and whip using a stand mixer or hand beaters on medium speed until light and fluffy. This usually takes roughly 5-6 minutes.
Assembling The Cake
1. Remove the cake from the fridge and cover with the marshmallow mixture.
2. Next, create little swirls and texture in the marshmallow frosting.
3. Using a blow torch or large matches, toast the marshmallow until golden.
Serve and enjoy!