Safety and Preventative Measures in Mirvac Retail Centres
The health, safety and wellbeing of our customers, retail partners, employees and our community is our highest mission.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and to keep our community safe, we have had significant precautionary cleaning, hygiene and sanitising practices in place since early March.
The measures introduced to safeguard the health and safety of our community include:
- Increased cleaning of high touch point areas including bathrooms, food courts, doors, lifts and travelators
- Sanitisation stations around the centre including at all entries and food courts
- Increased signage to remind our community to social distance and follow all Department of Health guidelines
- Revised seating in our food courts and other parts of the centre to support social distancing and the 4 square metres per person rule
- Queuing and crowd management in our food courts during busy times
- Increased staff presence with blue COVIDSafe vests worn by staff to easily allow you to find help or assistance
- Increased hand sanitiser stations at car park pay stations and antibacterial and microbial silver-ionised safety film on all ticket machines and pay stations
- Introducing a contactless customer experience service and our Customer Support Centre which is contactable via phone, email, social media or SMS for extended hours every day of the week. Contact us!
- Traffic tracker on our website to assist customers in planning their visit to avoid busy periods when they shop, view here.
While the majority of our stores, dining outlets and services have now re-opened, density and social distancing restrictions continue to operate with a maximum of one person per 4sqm in all stores.
In addition, it is a COVIDSafe requirement for details to be collected whenL
- Dining in at any food outlet
- Attending any hair, beauty, massage or service retailer
- Attending any recreation, gym, fitness, yoga or barre studios.
Our retailers may have also implemented additional measures aimed at keeping our community safe and we ask that you assist by following all relevant signage or directions.
We’re committed to keeping you updated, please click here to view individual store opening hours.
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, Kawana Shoppingworld has been so proud to have been able to continue to serve, and to provide essential services and employment to our communities; including essential workers, the elderly and disadvantaged and the broader community.
This continues to be a tough time for all our customers, retailers and employees within our community, across Australia and the world, but the health, safety and wellbeing of our community and our loved ones is most important. Things are changing every day, so let’s stay calm, safe and look after each other.
We will continue to work closely with Government, the Department of Health and Retail industry bodies to ensure that we have not only followed protocols to help the community to stop the spread, but also additional measures that demonstrate that at Mirvac centres, the safety and well-being of our retailers, employees, customers and community is our highest mission.
Together we can help stop the spread.
Stay safe and see you soon,
Kawana Shoppingworld Centre Management Team
If you would like more information about the Australian Government Roadmap to a COVIDSafe Australia is available here.
If you would like to receive further information on COVID-19, call the Australian Department of Health Coronavirus Health Information Helpline on 1800 020 080. The line operates 24 hours, seven days a week.
If you are in need of support or struggling to cope, please call the Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service powered by Beyond Blue on 1800 512 348.
If you have any concerns or would like to provide feedback to the Kawana Shoppingworld team, please contact us here!